Call for Papers
International Musicological Conference
Zdeněk Fibich: profesní podoby skladatele / Zdeněk Fibich: composer and his professional appearances
Olomouc, May 4–6 2020
Společnost Zdeňka Fibicha a Katedra muzikologie Filozofické fakulty Univerzity Palackého v Olomouci Vás srdečně zvou na konferenci zaměřenou na tvorbu Zdeňka Fibicha (1850–1900). Konference se koná u příležitosti skladatelova dvojitého výročí.
Zdeněk Fibich Society and Department of musicology at the Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic kindly invite you to be a part of the conference focused on the work by Zdeněk Fibich (1850–1900). The event is organized by the opportunity of double anniversary of the composer.
The programme committee invites proposals for contributions on any of the following topics:
- The nineteenth-century composer and his or her related professions – the composer versus conductor, pianist, teacher, editor, reviewer, or organizer of musical life – the social status of the composer in the second half of the nineteenth century
- Texts or words set to music – music declamation – melodrama and the interpretation of melodrama
- The idea of national music – the realization of national theatre, opera and programme music
Especially welcomed are contributions directly connected with work and life of Zdeněk Fibich:
- Zdeněk Fibich’s compositions (operas, melodramas, incidental music, symphonic poems, symphonies, chamber music, piano music)
- Zdeněk Fibich accepted and rejected, Fibich´s work abroad
- Zdeněk Fibich seen by his contemporaries, Fibich’s reception during his lifetime and posthumously
- Individual papers (15 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion)
- Contribution for discussion (10 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion)
The conference will begin on Monday 4 May 2020 at 10.00 am and end at 12.00 pm on 6 May 2020.
The conference programme will be followed by concerts and recitals, e.g. concert at the Moravian Theatre Olomouc (May 4 2020).
Conference languages: Czech, English, German
Conference fee: 20 Euro / 500 Kč (conference bank account will be addressed to the participant on the base of his/her application)
Contributions will be published in a themed issue of the journal Musicologica Olomucesia (see http://musicologicaolomucensia.upol.cz/). Conference organizers are also planning to use outstanding contributions as the basis for a proposal to publish a themed issue of Nineteenth-Century Music Review focusing on Czech music history (see https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/nineteenth-century-music-review).
doc. PhDr. Jiří Kopecký, Ph.D., PhDr. Věra Šustíková, Ph.D.
Mgr. Kristýna Baborová, Mgr. Milan Balódy, Mgr. Eva Balcárková, Mgr. Kateřina Janíčková,
Mgr. Barbora Kubečková, Mgr. Marcel Pastirčák
Další informace a přihláška: https://muzikologie.upol.cz/nc/zprava/clanek/konference-fibich-2020/